World of WarCraft Foreverrrr
Hello! Well Blizzard had their convention and they announced the thing, Classic Plus, or World of WarCraft Forever as it is now known. People have questions, concerns, hope and distain. I don’t understand how people can complain, at length, about something they don’t like or won’t play. I complain about crap I like and wish it were better. Some people are like “This isn’t Classic Plus, it’s Retail Minus” and it’s like yeah sure, it sounds like what you want is right over there. I guess to an extent that could be considered the same as what I do, I don’t know. You tell me. Mostly if I don’t like something I just say “Yeah I don’t really care for Monster Hunter Wilds or Ascendance and I think I’ll just wait for the next one.” I don’t go in depth about how it should be changed to fit me specifically. I understand it’s not my thing and kind of move on.
So
anyway. The cinematic for Forever was pretty cool. The Forsaken Paladin,
Archimonde’s corpse… right? That was him… yes, it was. Archimonde’s corpse at
They showed off some new blue elves that tons of people hate but I’m rather indifferent to. I saw one guy saying “Yeah I see them but I bought the most expensive bundle because I love WoW Forever and Blizzard needs to see that it’s getting support otherwise they’ll run out of money” basically, and I’m thinking brother, they’ve made so much money on brontosaurus’ alone, they don’t need another cent. (If I was more motivated I would make a Dark Knight meme out of that but I don’t want to.) But people are still bitching that they don’t have High Elves and Ogres and I don’t understand why people want Ogres, I’ve always seen them as the enemy. You could argue in WC3 Rexxar became chieftain of an Ogre clan or whatever but at that point I’d rather of the Mok’nathal as a race.
BUT, it would be neat if this version of WoW was like a “What if” timeline. I don’t know what the future holds, how they can keep making content for just Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms, or maybe they’ll expand to just all of Azeroth or what they’ll do, but since Quel’thalas is part of the Eastern Kingdoms they could have us go up there and maybe this time the Elves would join the Alliance. If that were to happen, well, Zul’jin is still alive baby. Maybe, just maybe, we could get our Amani Trolls. I don’t know if we’ll ever see the Blood Elves or High Elves, maybe that’s why they made these sky Elves, but it’s a possibility for a big twist. I think though that the sky Elves were a chance for them to make a truly neutral race. A group that could literally go to any zone, any town and do the quest. I think that’d be the best for someone who wants to experience both sides. Maybe they’d have to lock it to PvE only but. Like why are they picking a side? Do they have a reason to kill each other? Is that why we don’t see them in retail is because they had a civil war? Is all this explained in their new zone? Probably not, but maybe! Another thing too is that all these characters that were killed off are still around and that’s exciting. Like I don’t know what they did in retail but I just find the main cast to be so insufferable. I used to be excited to see Thrall but when he shows up in retail it’s like “Oh great, THIS guy again.” I dunno. I think it’s because at this point I just view myself as being more powerful than the WoW cast. I don’t know what their future plans are but if for some reason Deathwing comes back I hope he doesn’t have a humanoid persona. It just didn’t make sense to me or rather it just made the whole, hammering metal plates to his dragon body meaningless. It should’ve been like a prison or something to keep him in his dragon form because he views it as stronger or something. Oh, I’m starting to ramble again. I didn’t plan on this being too long but now I’ve got all sorts of thoughts, I’ll try not to linger on them too long.
Okay um, I’m excited for rare elites to be rare again. I’m guessing people will be able to have level 19, 39, ect twinks again. Thought it was a douchey move to force you to level out of battlegrounds if that’s what you liked doing. I’m hoping, eventually, we get something akin to the old glyph system. Dungeons taking time. I don’t really get dungeons in retail when everyone just pulls the biggest groups they can and try to get things done as fast as humanly possible. That’s not fun, that’s stressful. I haven’t been able to get a clear answer about the talents. People want it like Vanilla where you have your one set and if you want to change then you need to pay gold. But there’s obviously talents that are better suited for PvP then dungeons and if they decide to put tank shaman in Forever I might want to try that. I’m indecisive about these sorts of things. I’d like to have choices and be able to try different things without being penalized. I’ve had a dumb ass thought of not going hard on one talent tree but doing more or less half and half into elemental and restoration that way I do okay damage and okay healing, a bit of both. Kind of fits shaman, being okay at everything but not great at anything in particular. In my time doing PvP as an elemental shaman I don’t recall it ever going very well on my own. Maybe I’m just bad or maybe that’s just the way it is for shaman.
I
still wish the
I might get the sky Elves and try druid again. My very first character was a Night Elf druid, I’ve made Zandalari and Kul Tiran druids because their animal forms are cool but I always drop them. I don’t think Zandalari should be an allied race in Forever but I’d like a Kul Tiran plot some how. Anyway, I don’t quite know how they can make progress “horizontal” as they say; I don’t know what that means. I don’t know how they can keep making dungeons and raids pop up here and there and us just keeping the same skills and talents. Seems like it would get stale but I don’t know, trust the process. I’d still would like to see some of TBC and Wrath stories but maybe slightly different. As a shaman player I’ve also been wondering if they’ve combined some totems, we used to have a ton of totems for a variety of things, so much so that I couldn’t have all of them on my action bars. I’ll have to just keep a few that are most important for the given situations.
That’s
that I guess. Again, I wasn’t planning for all that so I could’ve explained
some of my thoughts more but. Now I’ve got the itch to play but I don’t want to
get burnt out before Forever comes. I should just play
Check out these other posts: Retail WoW is a lonely experience. Wanting swole Troll.
Comments
Post a Comment