Monsterverse and September Nintendo Directs

 

Hello. Something a little different today, I felt like talking about movies again, like I do from time to time and some videogame stuff like usual. Today I wanted to talk about Godzilla/the “Monsterverse.” Like, I would say overall I don’t reallllly like the movies. They have a few good fights in them but overall they’re not great? The movies just don’t make sense half the time, maybe I’m just stupid.

The main thing is I just do not care about the people in these movies at all, I just don’t. I like the people a lot more in the AppleTV show. I think Skull Island was done the best so far. There was a healthy mix of human and monster stuff. I don’t really care about the Monarch family in King of the Monsters and Godzilla X Kong. I like the Iwi tribe and the girl but I thought it was kind of dumb in New Empire they were revealed to be telepathic. I don’t understand how in GxK the Apex people thought there was an energy source in the Hollow Earth and even how they were able to develop some kind of device that could harness it and send it back to the surface? Some sort of wireless power source? I don’t know, that didn’t make sense to me. I don’t understand what Skar King was doing or why he had all the other great apes moving boulders? Like somewhere in the story they say something like Godzilla or another titan trapped him in Hollow Earth so he wouldn’t be able to get out but clearly his people can leave that cave because that’s how Kong found out about them and there’s all sorts of pockets to the surface. Why was Skar King there? What was he doing? What was he having the other monkeys do? It’s just… stupid. I like in all these types of movies also you’ll have the soldiers literally see these monsters take missiles from jets and get shelled to fuck from tanks and still will try to shoot them with their small arms. Like what do you think you’re going to accomplish? Is it just to make you feel better? One movie got it kind of right; in Logan when the weird cyborg group is trying to get Laura they’re all shooting and the leader yells at them “Stop shooting! She heals!” Sooo yeah, for the most part the overall story is very weak and I just can’t get invested in the characters. I really like Minus One and it seems like I wouldn’t. There’s no other monster to fight but the human’s problems are much better fleshed out and you feel for them.

Nintendo had a couple directs this week. I seem to be one of the few who don’t really care about the Ocarina of Time remake, not surprisingly. The main characters all look oddly shiny, or wet, it’s kind of odd. Other than that, from what I can tell, they didn’t change much and why would they really. But for me, I just don’t care, I can play it on my 3DS and maybe on the Switch with NSO? I just don’t love OoT enough to have the need to buy a newer version. Twilight Princess, then maybe. People complain about the other direct because of one reason or another. At this point in time if there’s even one game that can make me excited then I call that a win. Metroid Ravenous looks sick as hell. The Kirby game does look good but Kirby games are typically incredibly easy and sure, they should be but that’s not exactly fun for me. Fire Emblem Fortune’s Weave also looks really good but from what I can tell it looks like there’s too much to do. I understand more should be better but the other Fire Emblem games had too much to do in them already; I can’t imagine doing Fortune’s Weave. Maybe if the reviews say it’s not that complicated or you don’t have to do everything that’s been advertised then maybe I’ll pick it up, I mean, there’s a chick with a literal gun! So, that’s kinda neat. Right now whenever something new is shown it’s like “I don’t want to play this, I want to play something older.” OoT, ehh, I’ll just play Tears of the Kingdom, Fire Emblem is shown, I want to play Valkyria Chronicles, Monster Hunter Wilds was shown to be coming to the Switch 2, nah, no thanks, when I’m in the mood for Monster Hunter again I’ll play Stories 3. I wish there were more Valkyria Chronicles. I’d like to see Sega go hard and every time Nintendo brings out a new game they counter with their own. A new Fire Emblem, here’s a new Valkyria Chronicles. New 2D Metroid? Bam, new Vectorman.

There have been rumored remakes from Nintendo for a long time now but none of those showed themselves (Fire Emblem 4, Kid Icarus Uprising, Kirby Planet Robobot). Maybe they don’t exist. Okay, I’m tired of doing this, I want to do something else. What do you all think? How do you feel about the Monsterverse? I thankfully don’t know too much about Godzilla Minus One (though something were spoiled for me just today) but something I heard was it were to be set, in part or in whole, in New York and I thought it’d be funny if this time it was in English with Japanese subtitles for Japan. I really like Valkyria Chronicles; I wish there were more of them. I’m just very tired of the typical fantasy settings; swords and magic and such. Like I get it, I’ve been there, done that, people don’t really do anything new with that setting. I would like to see more games set in modern or future settings with magic. Things like Tactical Breach Wizards, Shadowrun, and Even Final Fantasy. Alright, what do you think about the art direction of Ocarina of Time and the rest of the Nintendo direct? Let me know below and I’ll catch you guys later, bye-bye.

@AztecSauce




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xbox Can't Stop Shitting Themselves, Restarting AC Shadows and GTA 6 Goes Digital

Multiplayer Difficulty Scaling, Current Events and Personal Rants

Speculation and Hopes For Next "Portable" MonHun