Feeling Bad Playing the Old Games When I Gots New Ones

 

            Hello! I’m probably foolish for trying to do this right now but there’s a Nintendo Direct in just over an hour as I’m typing so I want to try to hammer this out real quick. Just some things about what’s happened recently, what people are saying about the direct and what I’m doing, and what I’m not doing but would rather be.

            So real quick it’s rumored that Tears of the Kingdom might be going up to the new normal $70 price tag. I went to Best Buy to see about preordering because I haven’t yet and the page is down. I’m guessing it’ll be back up after this direct. My only worry is I’m starting to think that TotK won’t be as good as Breath of the Wild. That first trailer was a banger and was really exciting but it’s just a feeling I have, I hope I’m wrong but I feel like Nintendo is just hoping to squeak that $70 price tag past us cause it’s Zelda and the best sequel ever that we’ve been waiting for just for us to be duped. Again, hope I’m wrong, BotW was just such a triumph I’m not sure the sequel can top it. We’ll see!

            As for what I’ve been doing and what I want to be doing; I’ve been playing Fire Emblem Engage, like I said, and I like it enough but I kind of want to play Breath of the Wild right now but also feel like I’m suppose to play Engage cause it’s new. FE makes me think of Awakening when weapons broke, weapons breaking makes me think of BotW, BotW makes me think I’m suppose to be playing Engage. It’s a vicious cycle. I see a lot of people talking about wanting traditional dungeons in TotK and I feel like, in certain ways, the divine beast of BotW were the end of dungeons. I’m sure I’ve said it before but as an example; When you need to do Divine Beast Vah Naboris in the Gerudo Desert you need a way to get past the lightning around it. In order to do that you need to get into Gerudo Town and in order to do that you need to cross dress. I feel like that is the start of the dungeon. You need to cross dress to get into town, ask Riju about borrowing their helmet that protects you from lightning, learn it’s not there but that the Yiga stole it, sneak into the Yiga base, steal it, fight Kohga, go back, learn to use a sand seal to surf then enter Vah Naboris and defeat the blight Ganon. To me that is the whole dungeon. It’s easy to forget the one quest line when you have a multitude of things to distract you and numerous side quests to do.

            Another thing I’d like to do more is play Pokemon Legends Arceus. I really like it and similar with my Fire Emblem cycle, I start playing Scarlet and it just makes me want to play Arceus. I still have to find the Unowns and fight Arceus itself, which is probably my hesitation. Again, I really like Scarlet I just can’t quite get into it. I like all the new Pokemon I’ve seen so far and the characters are cool it’s just that the region doesn’t make me feel like exploring. I look around and it’s kind of like “whatever,” I don’t know. The one thing I wish was still a thing was just throwing pokeballs at ‘mons so I don’t have to go through all the battle stuff just to one hit something on accident. (PS I really like quickballs, I kind of don't know what's going on with them but people don't like them? Fuck you.)

            The other thing I really would like to do more of is play Splatoon! I do quite enjoy it, last time @NEETproxy and I played we were still running into disconnects every now and then which kind of sucks. Was hoping that’d be fixed by now, or better at least.

            I think that’s what I’m doing, sitting here wanting to play something, thinking there old and should play the new thing, new thing doesn’t quite get that itch and I sit, do nothing and start the cycle over. As far as the direct goes, I see all these predictions about Metroid Prime 4! And hm, I can’t think of like other super out there, highly anticipated games people are looking forward to. Silksong maybe? But it’s like it’s February people, they’re not gonna show off anything super cool today, I don’t think anyway. Metroid defiantly not, Silksong even less likely. I would at least like a confirmation of Metroid Prime remake or Trilogy remake or Kid Icarus Uprising Remake. I feel like anything really major or big would be in the summer or holiday season, not Februrary.

            So that’s where I’m at, what are you hoping to see at the direct? What’re you playing right now? Let me know and I’ll catch you again later. Buh-bye.

             @AztecSauce




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crashing the Game Awards

WarCraft 4 and More RTS'

WoW Times 2