Rainbow Six TBS

 

           Hello hello! So like most things I bring up, @NEETproxy and I were talking about co-op games, Rainbow Six Siege and I was wondering “what’s going on with Extraction?” I looked up a video and the guy in the video basically said that the game is dead and he also said something like “we could’ve had Rainbow Six Patriots but instead we got this” and I had pretty much forgotten about Patriots so I wanted to talk about Rainbow Six a bit and maybe some new game ideas. I think I’ve talked about Rainbow a little bit in a previous post but Rainbow was my favorite/most played Tom Clancy game before Ghost Recon Future Soldier. I played the campaign through so many times in Vegas and Vegas 2 and so so so many hours of terrorist hunt.

            Rainbow Six Patriots was announced so many years ago and was supposed to be about domestic terrorist in America (probably?) who were upset with the conditions of the rich and the banks taking advantage of “the system” during the mortgage crisis, I think? Roughly? Am I close? In the game they originally wanted you to control a Rainbow Six character and characters on the terrorist side to kind of see both sides of the story but I never liked that idea personally. I thought when the game was announced and the potential release date was a good time for it because people could really relate to it but I think the current political landscape happening now could be even better. Ubisoft is a French based company and they seem to have protest every weekend over there so maybe Ubi doesn’t quite want to go there. And I say it’s “a good time” for the game to be out because everyone can pretty much relate but depending how they go about the game the local governments might be as upset about the game as Bolivia was with Wildlands.

            So, instead of making a single-player/co-op campaign based Rainbow Six Ubisoft decided to go with Extraction. It seems to me, and I can’t say this is how it is because I don’t really want to load the game up and look myself, that Ubisoft thought it would be a great idea to try and resell us players characters/skins from Siege in Extraction without them being able to be shared between games. I never understood why certain characters are in Extraction like Vigil for instance. In Siege his ability is to jam cameras so he can basically be invisible on cams but in Extraction they somehow alter his tech so he can be invisible to the weird zombie things? Again, people who are fans of Tom Clancy games like a certain degree of realism, the alien zombie thing was a stretch to begin with but Vigil being able to cloak past these creatures and these creatures alone is very weird.

            I’ve been playing Fire Emblem Engage and I’m thinking it might be the first FE game I will play through since Awakening but as I play I keep thinking about how funny it would be at the start of  a mission, right before the player phase, someone blasts a few enemy characters with a shotgun from an edge of the map and everyone just being like “what the fuck?!” I think a turn based Rainbow Six game, similar to Fire Emblem, could be really cool. There’s a game being worked on called Tactical Breach Wizards that I’m looking forward to but it seems to be more about how to finish a mission in as few moves as possible. Not quite what I'm doing in FE at the moment. I take my time and heal my units up before the final push to end the mission. I like the characters of Siege and I’d like to see them more. I think a campaign based game might not be the best place to show off these characters but a turn based strategy game could work quite well. It would be cool to start the level not knowing where enemies are, have to breach a wall with Sledge or a window and tossing in a Valk cam to get an idea where the terrorist are and maybe hostages. I think a turn based Rainbow Six game with taking cover, using flash bangs, smoke grenades and trading shots would be really fun. The thing I get a little frustrated with in FE Engage is your character only gets to do one action before your turn is done. I’m just so use to 40k Mechanicus where you can do multiple actions so I think I’d like that more in a Rainbow game. Breach, flash, take cover. Move, shoot, take cover. Take cover would be the end move for the character unless they have a shield or maybe heal or look at cameras or something. I don’t know why you’d need to “look” at the cameras, unless you can do something with them like Splinter Cell sticky cam distractions.

            That’s about it I suppose for this one. I’ve mentioned it before but I really do like Siege quite a lot it’s just stress inducing and my social anxiety stops me from playing online cause everyone is such an asshole now a days. If I had people to play with that would be one thing but I don’t so anything solo or cooperative that isn’t ass in the Rainbow Six vein would be nice. What do you think? Have any ideas for a turned based strategy Rainbow Six game? Let me know with a comment and I’ll see you around later, buh-bye.

      @AztecSauce



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crashing the Game Awards

WarCraft 4 and More RTS'

WoW Times 2