Wait, People Like Co-op??

            Hello party people! It’s yer boi! There’s been a lot on my plate recently aside from Splatoon, Helldivers with the boys, some Star Wars blunders and Ghost Recon rumors. My first thoughts with Helldivers, “this is just Deep Rock” and it is, and I’m like why’re we playing this when we already have Deep Rock but like most things, if it’s the only thing we can get @PoeTomic to do then that’s what we do. It has grown on me though, it can be ridiculous and it’s popular which makes me hope that investors and developers will see that and realize again (re-realize?) there’s a whole ass market for coop games. You could almost just pick any sci-fi franchise and do this exact formula. I mean Helldivers are basically Halo ODSTs and Warhammer 40k would fit right in as well. If they did a Halo one though I would really enjoy it if they went with the Elites instead, there’s an opportunity there. Same with 40k really, we always play the “Space Marine” in everything, give me something else, let me be a Tau or a Necron. One thing I like in particular is that you have to keep track of your magazines rather than bullets. I remember talking about that about something else, probably Ghost Recon, so it’s really nice to see, I feel like it was brave of them to do that. I know that sounds stupid but it’s the best I can come up with! Fuck off! When you call down for a resupply you better make sure you get your health up and change mags in each gun no matter how low otherwise you’re not getting all your ammo back. I saw something about people asking to turn off friendly fire and it’s like, why? I don’t mind the friendly fire, yeah it sucks when it happens but pay attention to what you’re doing and where other people are. I had seen something when the game first came out, I think, about people saying there should only be buffs and no nerfs and I kind of get that. I feel like older games did that all the time, you just got better stuff so you felt stronger. Games now-a-days give you things with trade offs. I recently got a shotgun that also sets things on fire, but as a trade off it doesn’t do as much damage. I don’t think it does anyway, I haven’t unlocked its base gun yet but the other shotguns I have blast through things in a few shots so it’s not really better in my opinion. The shotgun is just so satisfying in Helldivers. I feel like John Wick tearing through a line of terminators, shooting bugs one more time then is necessary, just to make sure it’s dead. I got this armor that says something about taking 95% less damage from arc weapons so I thought maybe that applies to the EMS too, maybe it won’t slow me down and I can just run through it and blast everything caught in it. Nope. Like come on game, help me out! I would like an option to tone down the “democracy” talk though. It’s just constant and gets quite annoying, I’ve ended up turning the dialog off. Just playing with my friends it’s fine but it’d still be nice to hear the characters call out pings and stuff. And like, you’re fighting a bunch of bugs man, it has nothing to do with “liberty” and “freedom.” I really like the stratagem inputs, takes me back to GTA Vice City cheat code days and there’s so many things all the buttons seem to do. If you hold the reload button you get more options for your gun, change the zoom of your scope, change the rate of fire for your machine guns, change from auto to semi for other guns though I haven’t really noticed a difference cause the guns that say they are in auto I shoot one at a time anyway. The only thing that worries me is the “meta.” No one can destroy the [meta], the [meta] will strike you down with a vicious blow. Like I imagine at higher difficulties everyone is pretty much going to run with the same stuff. Right now, as it is, me and the guys kind of have our own things we do but some things just aren’t viable or they take away from other things you could use. I really like the recoilless rifle and buddy-backpack combo, it’s fun, but it takes away from your teams overall firepower. Having this other person help you load your gun means they’re not shooting stuff or they can’t have a backpack if they wanted one. The normal anti-tank rockets are pretty good. I might have some upgrades for the drops by now but they come two in one drop and the cooldown is relatively quick so I spawn those things as needed and frequently. Usually if I notice there’s a bot drop happening I have just enough time to input the code, get a bazooka and take a shot at the drop ship, unless I’m on some shit planet that makes my drops take twice as long. The only other thing I’d like is some kind of loadout system or be able to disable some stratagems so I don’t accidentally pick them. Like the machine gun turret versus the gatling turret, in no instances is the machine gun turret a better option, get this off my screen.

            Other than that Star Wars Battlefront Collection had a rough start and everyone was super upset about it. I got it primarily to just play single player stuff if I’m ever super bored but it just makes me think; why don’t you just let the people that do the Lego Star Wars stuff do it? The Skywalker Saga is done really well, it’s super fun, there’s so much detail to it and there’s just SO much to do in each level. It’s something else. So, just do Lego Battlefront and any other remake you’re thinking of doing. Knights of the Old Republic, make it Lego, that’d be cool, I’d be happy with that. I’ve thought about getting the racing Lego game because racing games can be fun but regular racing games are so serious now-a-days. All of them are like driving simulations now where I just want to goof off, play a video game you know? So I thought about the racing game but heard it was hard to unlock stuff unless you do the microtransactions so I haven’t checked to see if that’s changed recently.

            A new Ghost Recon rumor started making the rounds lately. The rumor being the game is going to be an FPS rather than a third person shooter which most people don’t want. Ghost Recon has been third person for most of it’s franchise so why go to FPS? I don’t have much faith in Ubisoft anymore after Breakpoint, XDefiant, R6 Extraction, Skull and Bones. I’m just not excited. Don’t worry Ubisoft, Helldivers will just fill the third person shooter void you’ve made.

            That’s about it from me, what are your thoughts? What do you like to run with in Helldivers? What do you think about the Star Wars Battlefront Collection? Do you think they should remake some Star Wars games in Lego form? What are your thoughts about the Ghost Recon rumor? Are there other rumors you’ve heard? Let me know in the comments and I’ll be around again sometime, bye-bye!

             @AztecSauce




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crashing the Game Awards

WarCraft 4 and More RTS'

WoW Times 2