MonHun Mods

 

          Hello again. After watching this video I’ve had to rework this a little bit so hopefully it’s coherent. I’ve been playing a little bit of Monster Hunter World out of boredom and ended up buying Rise on Steam. It was on sale for $40 and I’m weak and Capcom knows it. In World I ended up getting the mod to make my characters hair like the handlers “demoness skin” hair I mentioned in my last post and it makes me smile. When going to my first hunt I was surprised at how smooth the movements for everything were. I don’t know why but I was and I look at my Switch and I’m just like “damn dude.” When the Switch first came out it was kind of understandable how things looked and handled compared to what was out on other consoles at the time but now cracks are really starting to show. Another thing that surprised me was how good some of the armors looked. I remember liking the Banbaro enough but I stopped playing not long after. The Odogaron’s master rank armor is really sick. There are things in the game that I really don’t miss like the hot and cold drinks. So I kind of wanted to talk about World, Rise and mods for the games

            So first of all I just wanted to compare World and Rise a little bit. World’s wishlist ACTUALLY FUCKING WORKS. What a world. When you have all the parts of something a notification comes up saying “hey, you can make this” where as in Rise a notification comes up when you just have an item for something on your wishlist. Why? That’s so dumb. I get back from a hunt and I have like 12 notifications for shit I can’t even make. But know what? Someone made a mod for that in Rise. Another thing is the food looks so fucking gooood in World. I want it! I want to travel to Japan and visit the Monster Hunter café just to eat this food. I was surprised that the face paint options were slightly better in World also. Even with all the DLC face paint you can buy in Rise they still don’t look right. I don’t know, it’s like the lines are too clean, like I kind of want an option of making it look like a tattoo or kind of patchy like paint if that makes sense. One thing that isn’t great is some of the areas you fight monsters in are quite tight just like in Rise. There’s one spot in the Ancient Forest that is raised up and fighting something like the Tobi-Kadachi isn’t too bad but when you’re fighting something huge like a Glavenus it kind of sucks. And there’s the potential in this area to get knocked off and fall way way down the tree and you have to climb back up.

            Wild Hearts is out soon so I was just going to play World while I wait but like I said, Rise was on sale. I found a mod for the Insect Glaive to make it so once you get the essence with your kinsect it stays forever. Well, for four hours but it’s basically for a hunt, it’s forever. Another mod I got was making the Great Jagras into the Gobul. It looks so good. It’s done so well, it really made me happy to see it.

            When I started Rise again I was immediately hit with, “oh my god, I have to do all this crap again…”      I was not excited. I’ve tried making several characters, I made a femboy character that I’m rather happy with and a buff girl with the male or “type 1” body type. I’m not completely happy with that one but we’ll see how it goes, I might change it just because I miss seeing bewbs. One thing that doesn’t make sense to me is why we have five slots to save a character preset but then we can’t change them whenever we want? Someone made a mod to fix this “bug.” It’s funny that they call it a bug. Another thing when making my characters is checking the different voices that you can’t do without a character voucher. When you make your character you are stuck with that voice unless you buy DLC. Why can’t I experiment with different voices before picking one? There are other mods to make the prices in the store and the boat trading more expensive because someone thinks things are too cheap.

            I’m hoping some of these mods become normal in the future games. Over the years World of Warcraft has implemented mods into the base games with updates and patches. There was a mod called Atlas Loot Enhanced, I believe, that you could see what dropped in raids or where specific armor is but now that has been put into the game. If I couldn’t find something for a quest I would go to Thottbot.com and find out where to go. Now they just highlight the areas that quests are supposed to take place. So with any luck Capcom will get rid of character vouchers, maybe let both “body types” have access to both sets of armor. I’ve seen people want more full armored female armors. A lot of the female armors with helmets have the face mask up showing the characters face but not everyone likes that.

            Thoughts? Do you use any mods to enhance your personal experience? What are they? Let me know below and I’ll be back some time. Bye bye.

                 @AztecSauce



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crashing the Game Awards

WarCraft 4 and More RTS'

WoW Times 2