Edgerunners and MonHun Grind

 

            Hello! I was on “vacation” the other week and saw articles saying how many people have gone back to Cyberpunk 2077 due to Edgerunners. I had plans to get deeper into Final Fantasy 7 Remake but was like, “alright, fine.”

            At the time I was only about half way through Edgerunners but I know why people were flocking back to the game, Edgerunners shows you how you can play the game. When I first played the game I didn’t know what the hell I was doing. You couldn’t reset perks or attributes so experimenting wasn’t ideal. I didn’t know how many levels there were, how many points I’ll get so I just picked things randomly. My original playthrough I finished the game at like level 25 and didn’t really have an issue. The problem with stories like Cyberpunk and Breath of the Wild is telling the player they need to do something like yesterday but give all these side missions and stuff like I don’t have time for this crap, I’m DYING, I gotta figure out how to not die then I’ll comeback for all this shit. Not the case obviously. On Youtube though there’s all sorts of videos that show you the possible talents for each character of Edgerunners so you don’t have to guess. You see Lucy and you’re like, “I wanna play like that,” you go to Youtube and get a rough idea.

            Currently I have a character for each stating group and trying to play them certain ways. My street kid is kind of Ghost in the Shell like, really well rounded, focused on stealth and hacking but if something happens I’ve got my Lizzie and monowire. My corpo is less reliant on cybernetics and focus more on shotguns and based on Re-l from Ergo Proxy. My nomad is going to be more like David from Edgerunners, sandevistan and gorilla arms. The only thing I wish is that the clothing options in the game were better. I was trying to make my character look like Major from SAC_2045 but couldn’t quite find the right pieces. I found a leotard like thing but it was kind of shiny and there weren’t any pants low enough to be like Majors. As for Re-l there’s nothing quite the right color and just doesn’t have the right look. There’s some mods to look like Major or even Lucy but I haven’t decided to use them yet.

            Talking about mods; It’s so weird to me that some things have an insane amount of mods but other games don’t have a lot even if they’re the most obvious things. The predator from Prey being a mod in Spider-man but not in God of War, the game that was used for an inspiration in Prey. I bought God of War on sale in anticipation that this mod will come out sooner than later. One I’d like to see is a Tachikoma mod for your vehicle in Cyberpunk. Or a Re-l outfit.

            Switching gears a little bit I’ve been thinking about my time spent on games lately, Monster Hunter in particular. Title update 2 is out now but as I was trying to get to Master Rank 110 (the level you need to be to take full advantage of the update), get the final pieces to upgrade my weapons and armor I was getting frustrated. I have a lot of weapons and a majority of what I need is mantles and I’m just not getting them. I can fight say, three monsters in an hour and not get the parts I need and I don’t level my MR much. In Splatoon 3 for example, each match runs around 3 to 5 minutes, given wait time in the lobby for a game and commutation errors, all that considered I could play, give or take, 10 matches of Splatoon in an hour and have a fun time. If I’m fighting Mizutsune after Mizutsune and not getting what I need just frustrates me and makes me not want to play. I’m not against grinding but when I’m killing a whole ass monster and I’m only gifted a small amount of parts, what’s up with that?

            Since playing Cyberpunk again I’ve been going through cyberpunk type movies and such and was thinking about Ergo Proxy. I enjoy Ergo Proxy for what it is but I really loved the first few episodes that were more focused on Re-l and I’d really love if there was a prequel that just followed her and her Blade Runner-esque life. Other than that I think that’s everything for today. Kind of short thoughts, kind of all over the place (what a shock), been working on my FAVORITE type of post! (2022 Wishlist!) So look forward to that, y’know, if you want. What do you think? Have you watched Edgerunners? Been playing 2077 again? What do you think of the Monster Hunter grind? Playing the new title update? Let me know below and I’ll be back in a few weeks most likely! Bye bye!

                      @AztecSauce



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crashing the Game Awards

WarCraft 4 and More RTS'

WoW Times 2