Sunbreak and Beyond

 

         Hello! Sunbreak is almost here and I can’t help but be more excited about what comes next after Sunbreak. I see things about people not liking what Rise has done, I see people saying the moves are too flashy and I’ve been seeing Capcom saying Sunbreak is a “massive expansion” but what does that mean?

            To the people that think Rise is too easy or the hunts are too fast and the moves are too flashy; I think they forget that Rise was made to played on the go, get in get out sort of thing. It was made more for the Japanese, on the go lifestyle they have. I do agree that as far as hub quests go it is easier but that’s because since World they made the monsters scale with the player count. I’m not a big fan of that. I haven’t had to play with randos since Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on the WiiU at it’s a little sad. I use to follow someone during GenU on Twitter who would 1v1 monsters with no palico support, no one else, just them and it was impressive to see them take on Hellblade Glavenus X. Watching her made me want to try it so on hunts with my friends I would leave my animals behind but they didn’t. They just wanted to do the thing so after a while I was like “k fine, me too.” When I fight monsters in the hub I want to either have and win a really tough fight or acknowledge that I need help and find a party to do the quest. And don’t go thinking “maybe you’ve just gotten better at the game” because I can assure you, that is most defiantly not the case.

            I do agree the wire bug moves are a little too flashy, too easy to do and can be used an awful lot. There are times with the great sword that all I’m doing is the air flip because the monster keeps moving away from me and it’s the quickest way to close the distance. I would like it if there were several different moves we could do and switch out with to make the weapon more to our own liking. There are some switch skills that do this but I’d like to expand on it. Capcom did that in Remember Me. They had several different combo trees and you could pick what move you wanted to do and where it went in the combo. There are just some moves I’d really rather not have or at least have the option to turn them off I guess? The only one that really comes to mind is with gunlance at the end of a combo you shot out a spike that explodes after a time if you stick it in the monster and I hate that move. I’m always inputting it on accident or I want to move or cancel it but I can’t. I’d like to be able to cancel out of a combo. I know that’s part of the point of Monster Hunter is to pick your openings and hope you have enough time to do all the things but I never have time to do the whole combo. Ever.

            Capcom quotes Sunbreak as a “massive expansion.” From what I understand you have to get the second ending of the game that can only be done in the hub and from what I’m now hearing there will be no village quest and no rampage quests so what does that leave? That sounds like there’s just the hub left unless they add in a new thing, which they could/might. But if it is just the hub then I’m expecting this to be much harder than the base game. This sounds like it might truly be a “G rank” kind of game where you might not be able to take on monsters on your own. They are giving us a bunch of new shiny moves and the ability to switch between skills so it seems like we might have to utilize as much of our move sets as possible. It sounds a bit complicated for my monkey brain and from the trailers it doesn’t look like we’re getting more wire bugs so it seems like a lot of things to keep track of.

            I hope the next game isn’t too much like World. Rise even has this problem where there’s not a lot to choose from as far as elemental weapons go. Like World was bad, there was essentially one monster for each elemental type, maybe two. Rise might have two to four but usually it’s pretty obvious which one is better and usually the same old weapons and armor from the same old monsters are the best way to go. Rathalos and Tigrex are always safe bets for weapons and armor. I like the way The Division 2 does armor and the talents they give. They allow for different play styles even if you only use certain types of guns or the same skill in every build. I like using the crusader shield and have three main loadouts centered around it that play differently based on the armor talents I have. There are some ways to do things like that in Monster Hunter but not really at the same time. I don’t know, I’m not on the up and up when it comes to these sort of things so I could be wrong. One thing I really hope they don’t do that they did in World is basically make all the weapons of a certain type look the same. You looked down the list for great swords in World and you’d see five swords that all looked the same but had a different color tuff of fur on them depending on what element power they had. They looked like NFTs.

            Things I’d still like to see in the next game is for wind to become an element and for us as players being able to cancel each others blights. In another post of mine I talked about these things but it’d be nice to see a new element. And one of the most basic elements none the less. I think it’d be cool for something like Zamtrios to have two or three weapons, one that is water, one that is ice and one that is wind. Or water/ice for dual blades and I still think Niblesnarf should be wind instead of water. A lot of weapons that come from wind monsters are put into water/ice because I guess wind could be seen as wet and cold?

I really like matching my weapons and armor also like, it makes sense to me. But if you’re fighting a fire monster you’ll want to wear fireproof armor but not use a fire weapon. When I first started Rise I decided I was going to match as much as possible and there are armors that are you know, slightly resistant to fire and weapons that are somewhat strong against the fire monster but they’re not the best things to use in either instance (I was really giving myself a lot of restrictions huh?). Why am I telling you this? I’m not sure. I guess I’d just like more options for fighting monsters and a new element could help that? As far as canceling blights, pretty straight forward, you’re on fire, someone hits you with their water weapon you are un-fired.

So yeah, guess I’m done. What do you think? What new element can you think of to be in the game? What new weapon type do you think they could make? Will we get a new weapon in “Monster Hunter 6” or maybe lose a weapon or two for some new ones? What’s your user name so we can hunt together incase G rank is too much to handle? Do they do user names or is it friend codes still? We’ll have to wait and see what Capcom has in store for us and I’ll be waiting for the next MonHun to come to PC to the bitter end. I like buying games as they come out mostly. I don’t like seeing spoilers. But anyway, thanks for reading, bye bye.

   (Add on: One thing I am excited about is new character options and the free character edit voucher that I'm sure is coming with the game like the last previous expansions. I JUST finally got my character to a place that I'm rather happy with but man it's been kind of frustrating. I came into Rise with the plan of making my character look like a BotW NPC named Mina. So I name my hunter Mina I pick the best things I can and I go into the hub area and who do I see but this girl who pretty much looks just like I do. WTF. I don't enjoy when games have a character creator but then those same hair styles and looks can be on NPCs and vice versa. If an NPC has a really cool hair style it's like "why, let me have that, make them different." But in any case, if nothing else I'm interested in what will be added to the character creator.)

@AztecSauce



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crashing the Game Awards

WarCraft 4 and More RTS'

WoW Times 2