Girls With Guns

 

            Hello! My friend’s internet is out of sorts and I’m bored so here I am, just waiting for a waifu gacha shooter.

            As I said in my last post I’ve been playing The Division 2 again and I’m just having trouble figuring out what is best for my builds. I had several builds just kind of randomly assorted so the other day I sat down and kind of group them up by tankyness and DPS. I’ve found that there’s no good resource online for builds and guides unless I’ve just missed it during my Google searches but I figured there’d be something like World of Warcraft. There are sites for WoW that’ll tell you the best gear, talents, spell rotation, anything you could think of but for Division it just kind of seems to be anyone’s guess. I could look at a guide for my WoW character and decide “okay, that stat is important, they say to use this talent but I don’t really like it, I like this one.” I at least had some idea to build off from. Any question I have seems to be answered both ways. “Is armor regen good?” Half the thread says yes, half says no. Things that I figured would be good for tanking or DPS seem to be opposite because of aspects that I didn’t think of. I figured Firewall would be good for tanking but it seems to be better for DPS and Demolitionist, to me, sounds like a DPS build but because it has higher explosion resistance it’s kind of better for tanking. So I’ve been taking a real good look at my armor and talents and trying to make something that I think is good and for the most part it also doesn’t seem to matter much. Which is good for a game like this where you can kind of do what you want and it works out but I’d still prefer to know if I’m making a mistake or not. Pretty much all my builds revolve around a shield and something that can heal me and my team.

            I recently downloaded Blue Archive. I didn’t know what the game was, my only exposure to it were pictures on Twitter of Asuna and Karin in bunny outfits but it’s similar to Girls’ Frontline. Girls with guns gacha game. I like the for aesthetics the most part, they’re typically girls in either school uniforms or maid outfits. I’d say I like the aesthetics for Girls’ Frontline better only because I really like military garb for some reason and that’s what GFL does. That’s the thing that I love and hate about Rainbow Six Siege. I love everyone’s original look you know? They look like they’re about to breach a house or something. All the different skins or elite sets bug the hell out of me. The elite sets are usually like something more “personal” to that character or a glance into their past or something but it just ruins the whole feel of the game to me. I typically was the type of person that would say that these cosmetics are dumb and I don’t understand why people would buy them in an FPS game but I’d turn around and spend some money of Heroes of the Storm. I’d see something and just be like “I have to have this.” But something that is similar to R6 is… fuck what was it? Oh, Apex, it’s an FPS but I spend a lot (maybe not a lot but more than usual) on skins for that game. Mostly Wattson. But why? In Apex I feel you see more of your characters arms in that game so you do get a feel you’re wearing something different, is that enough for me to justify spending money on a cosmetic? There are also executions you do and you see your character then as well. I think it more boils down to Apex is a little more goofy, a little more exaggerated and Rainbow is more “realistic.” Again, I just really like military and riot outfits. I remember one game in Rainbow where part of a wall had been blown out and I was creeping around the room and an attacker ran by that hole in the wall and he was wearing some kind of monster or alien like headgear, I think he was one of the SAS boys, and it scared the shit out of me. I forgot what I was playing for a second and it freaked me out so bad that my mouse hand/arm like twitched and I wasn’t able to retaliate when he came into the room. I also really liked Valkyrie’s jungle outfit. I never got it but in Ghost Recon Wildlands I made my female character look like that as close as I could. Also in Breakpoint I would use Valkyrie or Nokk character skins because they looked cooler than anything else you could actually get in the game and they seem like two characters that would actually be sent on a special mission like that. There was one cosmetic that I really wanted back when Fisher/Zero was announced for Nokk. It was her normal headgear but she had night vision goggles on under her veil, looked cool as hell. I could’ve got it too if I was just a tad diligent but I wasn’t and now it’s gone forever.

            So back up a bit, Blue Archive has every type of moe character trait you could think of. Elf ears, glasses, two different eye colors, cat ears, you name it and its reasons like this that I typically make female characters in games. Females just have so many more options than guys do. Guys’ options are usually so boring and generic. I like games and anime that are like, everyone is female and that’s just the way the world is. Wish that was real life. I just really want a game like Ghost Recon or Division that was more anime! Not a mobile game, a true third person shooter. With Code Vein levels of character customization. There are so many games like Blue Archive and Girls’ Frontline and animes that are about girls with guns that there should be no question that a game like this would sell well and I think The Division 2 has a really good gameplay loop that could be built on or taken inspiration from. There’s a game that was just announced recently that has my attention. It doesn’t quite look like what I want but it’s getting closer. It’s called Zenless Zone Zero and all of its characters look cool as fuck. There’s even a god damn bear. Why not? Let’s go. I want absurdity like this more often. It's also made by the people that made Genshin Impact.

            I don’t know, probably just reiterating things I’ve already said before. The exact reason I started this blog was to NOT do that but things come up, new information needs to be added, y’know. What are your thoughts? Do you like girl only types of media? Are you one of those weirdos who don’t play any game with a female lead like Tomb Raider? Are you the type who thinks yourself as the character and make your character based on your own self? As I said I always tend to make females but I’d really like to make a femboy in Monster Hunter. Or a muscular girl. I haven’t been able to do either that I really liked. I think it’s the voices, I haven’t found quite the right voice that I feel fits well. Maybe Sunbreak will add new options that I can fool around with.

            @AztecSauce



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crashing the Game Awards

WarCraft 4 and More RTS'

WoW Times 2