Fallen Ghosts

 

            Hello. It’s been a while. Let’s talk about Ghost Recon some more! I don’t know why I keep coming back to Ghost Recon, I’m sorry. T_T I thought I wrote this in one of my other Ghost Recon posts but apparently I didn’t or I can’t find it and that is: Ghost Recon Breakpoint is basically an expanded version of Wildlands’ DLC, Fallen Ghosts. I watched Predator recently and it made me want to play Wildlands again and Fallen Ghost is like fighting a bunch of Predators, aside from the actual Predator mission. But anyways.

            Breakpoint and Fallen Ghosts start off very similar. You’re going to a location in a helicopter, it gets taken out and you are being hunted. But in BP “hunted” is a loose term. Not very long after you start the game you meet a group of people in a cave that have all sorts of gear for you to buy and make you better. It’s the start of the game after all, so naturally you’d get better equipment the longer you play. Fallen Ghosts is the relative end for Wildlands and Ubisoft takes away a vast majority of your guns. I was looking online because I thought something was wrong but no, they just aren’t in the DLC and people were NOT happy about it ('course now I can't find the thread.) but after thinking on it, it makes sense to me. You are being hunted and have limited access to your normal gear. It makes sense. They also give you a crossbow at the beginning and they very much want you to use. So that alone makes things tougher and that’s what I want from DLC.

            The new enemies are neat too. There’s these guys in cloaked ghillie suits that have crossbows, there are guys with jammer units that are usually placed strategically in mission areas for you to find, big boys that really only go down from a headshot or a great many amount of bullets and snipers that have laser sights that you can see, similar to the Predators targeting.. thing. So I like that. I like these new enemies to deal with, it’s not just more of the same but slightly different. The cloaked guys can really surprise you too. You can just be walking through the jungle and then you’re down from a crossbow bolt. Wonder where these mercs got their tech?

            I don’t know, I just like and am grateful for the effort that was put into Fallen Ghosts and that’s why Breakpoint is just so weird to me. When they announced it my first thought was “so, just Fallen Ghosts but more? Different? Okay, that might work I guess.” But it just doesn’t. Not for me anyway. Breakpoint just seemed rushed. They could have just supported Wildlands more or even make Wildlands 2. If they really wanted you to feel hunted and cutoff then they should have just stayed with the Wildland formula. Find a location, look for intel and act on it. I’m really hoping for Ubisoft to turn Tom Clancy games around. I’m keeping a very skeptical eye on Extraction.

            So that was a little short. Probably forgot something I wanted to say and will have to make yet another post. Maybe I’ll just combine all my Ghost Recon posts into this one long, unorganized mess one day. I was thinking of streaming or recording my playthrough of Wildlands or if I can get the guys to play too, record that, but I don’t know if/how interested people would be in that at all. Not that anyone watches my stuff anyway, it’s more just for me, like these posts. I’ve been streaming A Plague Tale: Innocence since a sequel has been announced. You could watch that here if you’d like. Until next time.

                          @AztecSauce





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crashing the Game Awards

WarCraft 4 and More RTS'

WoW Times 2