Violence Is Bad But We Don't Care

 

            Back so soon! I’m kind of bored so. I’ve thought about this a bunch and after watching the horrible show that was the Mortal Kombat movie I thought I’d start writing. I often think about why we’re so interested in violence and killing and what video games and movies would look like if they weren’t so violent or didn’t involve guns. It seems from what I’ve seen in media that the world is a powder keg and there’s all sorts of wars, unrest and coups. I feel like the US and a lot of Europe live in a bubble. I think I’m a little better than most, like only a little LITTLE bit better, but I feel like most people are oblivious to what is really going on in the world. Just from what I’ve seen on Twitter, people are just so fucking entitled it’s ridiculous but at the same time there’s only so much I can do you know? It bothers me sometimes. We have all sorts of things to distract us from the real world. Anyways, moving on.

            But what would completive gaming be like without violence/guns? Halo, CoD, CS all focus on killing the other team. Apex is kind of different to a point because it seems to be a “sport” of sorts. I mean the characters die and come back; there are multiple of the same characters running around so it seems different. If it wasn’t for guns what would these games be like? Would we have more games like Rocket League or Splatoon? Would games be more like “games” that make you think and problem solve? I mean CoD is pretty simplistic. Point and shoot. Halo has a kind of rhythm to it, has a rock, paper, scissors kind of thing to it. Shoot grunts in the head, shoot a jackles hand then the head, noob combo the elites/brutes.

            So why are we so fascinated with blood and guts? Why is it so satisfying in some games to rip somebody apart? Is it just wired in our brains at some primitive level or have we been desensitized by the media? Like look at the title of thisarticle. “Strong bloody violence throughout” makes it better. I mean, I’m not saying you’re wrong but why are you not wrong? Why am I okay with it? If you even look at the MCU the first movie starts off in the Middle East with the military. A lot of movies just gravitate towards military stuff for no reason. Jurassic World, the Monster Hunter moive, Transformers to name a few. Why do we need to put the military in these movies? Does Hollywood think we can’t follow the story unless there’s a military presence for some reason? It’s bizarre. It bothers me. Can’t I enjoy a movie without being reminded about the ongoing military actions around the world?

            So yeah, I don’t know. It’s just weird to me. Like we view guns as “bad” yet most of our media and entertainment is centered around guns. Anyways, bye.


                                                                            @AztecSauce

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crashing the Game Awards

WarCraft 4 and More RTS'

WoW Times 2