Nintendo X Sega Smash Bros.

 

As the title says, I figured I’d talk a little about what characters could appear for Sega in my Nintendo X Sega Smash Bros. game. Now I don’t claim to know every franchise Sega has to offer. This is a relatively short list of characters and games that I like and that I would like to see. Sega has made and published a TON of games so there is no shortage of characters they could pull from for this fictional game.

            First I think for however many Mario characters there are in the game there should be an equal number of Sonic characters. Knuckles, Tails, Amy, the hot bat girl, Shadow, the crocodile guy… Vex! That’s the one. Robotnic, the armadillo guy in Sonic Mania, just make it even basically. One of my favorites growing up was Vectorman, would love to see him. Oh! I had a whole scenario of how he’s introduced too. This would be assuming it was a cut scene similar to the ones during the Subspace Embassy. Samus would be passing by a research room where she sees the tiny Vectorman in a fallen container of some sort. Maybe he’s fighting some bugs from his game. But the container is fallen over by some kind of a laser that makes you bigger, similar to the lasers in Sonic Mania that shrink and grows your character. So Vectorman sees Samus after he vanquishes his bugs, walks over to the laser and grows to be her size. I thought of this pairing because Vectorman was kind of supposed to be Sega’s Metroid.

Another childhood favorite of mine is the knight David from Light Crusader. It’s quite and interesting game and I really like the magic system in it. You use the four main elements; earth, water, air and fire in different combinations to make all sorts of different spells. There’s also a wizard the rides a sea serpent. (It's hard to see but this is the best pic I could find. David is dive-stabbing the wizard.) The game is fucking rad. The main character from Altered Beast could show up. I just imagine he turns into the beast as his entrance. Golden Axe and Nights into Dreams are popular ones too I think, though I’ve not played them so I don’t know much about em. I think the nendoroid Miku from Project Mirai should also be in the roster. I love the look and the fact that they used the nendoroids for the 3DS specific rhythm game makes this Miku stand on her own, kind of like Link and Toon Link.

I think a counter for Nintendo’s Fire Emblem would be Sega’s Valkyria Chronicles. Similar to the Mario/Sonic match up; just even the teams out. I think the standard main characters would come in; Alicia, Welkin and Selvaria. Then I think some of the characters from Valkyria Chronicles IV like Claude, Raz, maybe Minerva and Crymaria. I think Vincent and/or a goat man from Catherine would be really fun also. I think there should be a Catherine stage that played very similar to the actual game. It would move vertically and blocks would pop in and out of your way, maybe some creepy boss type thing in the background. Bayonetta and Persona’s Joker are already in Smash Ultimate so they could be the bridge or catalyst for the story portion of the game. I think Sega could use a Tech Priest from Warhammer Mechanicus only because the game is on the Switch also. There are a slew of other characters they could add, Phantasy Star to pair off against Xenoblade, some Yakuza protagonist to go up against Captain Falcon, throw in the Hyper Dimensional Neptunia characters for good measure.

That’s my little list of wants. I think it’s such a fun idea and it just makes so much sense to me. Any Sega characters you think should make it into the game or could counter a Nintendo character/franchise? Make it happen Nintendo, Sega. Please.

                    @AztecSauce                             @H4mmerBros




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crashing the Game Awards

WarCraft 4 and More RTS'

WoW Times 2