Next Future Soldier


As I was watching Netflix’s Ghost in the Shell SAC_2045, the first few episodes really gave me Ghost Recon Future Solider vibes. I just did a post about what I want the next Monster Hunter to be so I figured why not one about what I want from the next Future Solider game. This will be my last post on Ghost Recon I promise, probably, what could I do after this? I know I had this thought before while watching other Ghost in the Shell series when the team cloaks and raids a house or building. It’s just the coolest and it’s animated really well.
I remember when CoD Black Ops 3 was announced I was pretty excited because it seemed Ghost in the Shell like. The trailer showed guys hacking drones, having a mini gun come out of your arm, wall running and maybe cloaking? I can’t remember. It was the first CoD game I got since Modern Warfare 3, my expectations were pretty high. You could hack drones and I remember one specific mission where you need to cross this park or something and there are guards and drones everywhere. I hacked a drone, started flying around, found some guys, was patient and when the guys weren’t looking at each other I shot and took one out. It felt good and as I was going along it was clear that these people didn’t care that I was killing guys right in front of them. It’s not like the drone’s gun was silenced or anything and I was literally shooting people that were right next to each other and they didn’t care. I was kind of hoping for them to shoot back a little, I’d have to do some dodges, some jukes, but nothing. It was a little boring clearing out that area. Wall running felt magnetic and heavy. It wasn’t as smooth and fluid as in Titanfall and the mini gun arm thing only showed up in multiplayer I think. Overall, not the Ghost in the Shell experience I was hoping for.
            I like the mission style of Future Soldier but if they wanted to, I think they could make each mission a big enough area that it could still feel open world enough without all the empty space in between plot points like Wildlands and Break Point. FS’s mission areas were fairly large as far as I’m concerned. They really made you feel like you were dropped at the edge of hostile territory and you had to make your way in. What I imagine is each mission is about the size of a province in Wildlands and you get different objectives or different ways you can go about the mission and it could be slower or faster if you were playing solo or with a group of friends. One person could make their way to the UGCV drone control room while the others approached the base. One could even set up a little further back to provide sniper support. The one guy takes out the drone control room which results in the drones shutting down and the soldiers all freeze in confusion as the sniper opens up. Amongst the chaos the other two could cloak and sneak into the base and look for whatever they needed to do. Now I’m not saying Future Soldier needs cyborgs and Tachikoma’s (they’re funny little things, I love them) but if they just took some inspiration from the first episode of StandAlone Complex (NSFW ads), the whole first arc really of SAC_2045 and steered closer to the way the first game was portrayed in the earlier concept trailers it could be a killer game.
            As for SAC_2045, I like it so far. The CG is a little weird and everyone is blaming Netflix but I’m really not sure it’s their fault. Could be that the animators just wanted to do something different. I’m really not all that sure how much influence Netflix even has in that area. I just imagine Netflix approached the creator or vice-versa and asked to make a new Ghost in the Shell and they said sure why not and Netflix just let them do whatever. The only thing I’m not a fan of is that Major just seems too young and too pretty. Again, maybe that’s just the way she wanted to look and got herself a new body for the time being or that’s just what the animators wanted her to look like. Either way, it’s fine, don’t really care, I’m liking it for what it is thus far. What are your thoughts on the new Ghost in the Shell? Or your thoughts on my Future Soldier 2 dreams that will never materialize? Let me know down below and I’ll see you when I see you. Buh-bye!

            @AztecSauce                                                        @H4mmerBros                                  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crashing the Game Awards

WarCraft 4 and More RTS'

WoW Times 2