First Post Test Post


            Okay, so I’ve had this thought for a while and I’m sharing it with you now. Back when the second guy was Spider-Man, he brought up wanting to explore Peter Parkers sexuality and asking “why can’t he be gay?” and “What if MJ is a dude?” Everyone had a fit for one reason or another but for me MJ isn’t the character you’d use for that, I’d use Black Cat. Now let me just bore you with how much I love Black Cat. She was my first cartoon/videogame crush. She was my waifu before that was even a thing. I think the thing that attracted me to her the most was just how different Felicia Hardy was as Black Cat. It was like, as Black Cat, she was able to truly be herself. As Felicia Hardy she had to be well mannered, cautious of the way she dressed and who she was seen with. With a family as wealthy and powerful as the Hardy’s she could not afford to tarnish the name. When she would transform into the Black Cat however she was able to break free and do everything Felicia Hardy couldn’t. She would become so confident, comfortable with her sexuality and would do things as scandalous as hooking up with a super hero. As much as I want to see her done “right” on the big screen, if I were going to make Peter question his relationship with Michelle, I would use a gender swapped Black Cat. And by "right" I do mean oversexualized.
            I don’t really know any actors that would fit this bill, I know anime better than I know Hollywood but in my made up, I’m-making-the-movie scenario I’d use a pretty boy type. The type that could possibly pass for a girl or that it’s really hard to tell. Like this guy from Berserk or Haku from Naruto. I really love and felt for Haku. Haku was really the hook that kept me interested in the show and it made me question things because I thought he was a girl too. It made me think what I would do if I was in such a situation. I never was, but I imagine my Black Cat would look something like them. Like he’s a transfer student and because of his pretty looks the girls all fawn over him but when he’s the Black Cat he’s way more outspoken but in a way that you can’t tell if he’s joking or being sincere. Like “is he flirting with me or, what was that?” I feel like there’s a word for that but it escapes me. Black Cat as a character always drives a wedge between Peter and his current relationships. Like Elektra of the Dare Devil Netflix show, she tries to get Peter to leave his civilian life and be with her as a super person all the time. They wouldn't have to worry about all the petty little things like a job or friends and family if they just have each other.
            So if you wanted to explore Peter Parkers sexuality, because being heterosexual just isn’t good enough anymore, and put a strain on his relationship with MJ that’s how I’d go about it. MJ could use a lame pun like “Wow, I didn’t know you swung that way.” That’s all from me; let me know if you can think of any pretty boy type actors. Are you one of those people that can’t stand the thought of a fictional character you care about changing? Are you the type that doesn’t care if the character changes because you still have your memories and your own story where they are the way you love them? Or do you not really care either way? Let me know below and I’ll see you around.

                               @AztecSauce                                                     @H4mmerBros

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crashing the Game Awards

WarCraft 4 and More RTS'

WoW Times 2